Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Beautiful Finished Dressers

This past Saturday, Austin spent a couple of dedicated hours staining our new dressers! :) I was pretty excited to be getting them finished, and he said he enjoyed working at finishing them! Here's the work (and handsome worker) in progress...

A little bit later...with only one full dresser left to finish! :) Austin is such a good worker. :)

The works! This was taken when all the dressers had finally been stained...and were drying in the cool garage air (don't worry, it was open for ventilation)! :)

Later tonight, I persuaded Austin that our beautiful dressers just must be finished off so we could put them in our room! :) He just added a finishing layer of wax to top it off, and then I dusted it to make it shine! :)

The waxing in progress...doesn't the color look beautiful?


All finished! Didn't Austin do such a wonderful job? I am so lucky to have him for a husband!

My dresser...doubling as a nightstand!

Austin carrying his dresser to his side of the bed...and he's doubling his as a nightstand too! :)

This third dresser we bought for the baby, when he or she comes to the family in August...but for now we decided to use it as a makeshift office for our bills and such until we move to our home.

Don't our dressers look wonderful? I ironed some beautiful embroidered linens from Austin's grandma for the tops of our dressers. Now they look officially perfect, I think!

My dresser...

Austin's dresser...
We love adding to our home furniture, and are enjoying every moment of our new little treasures! :)

6 comments:

Debi said...

I love your new dressers! They look like the color of my cedar chest. Melissa, you are so sweet. I love to read your posts. The linens look very lovely on the top of your new night stand/dressers....and I like your "office" dresser, too. :)

Debi said...

P.S. Yes, and I think Austin is a very manly-man because he can make furniture! You hooked a good one. :)

Amanda said...

They look great! And you are so lucky you have an apartment with a garage to do this all in! Doing it on a tiny balcony would not be as easy;)

Kristie said...

They look fantastic!! :) Austin did a great job building and staining them. Way to go!! Enjoy those new dressers.

Austin said...

They look SO GOOD! Nevermind the mess on the bed...

Shelly's Space said...

They look beautiful!! Sounds like it took no time at at all to fill them up:) Austin did a great job!!