Sunday, August 19, 2007

Last Night With (Almost) Everyone

This picture shows one of the things that I will miss most when I leave for college--my family. Playing with my Ansley, Hailey and Pierce (I wish Weston, Brian and Aaron were there too!) is one of the happiest memories of my life. I have such a great family, and I will miss being called "Auntie M" and asked to paint little girl nails, or "sword-fight" with Pierce. I will miss all the little "I love you's" and hugs, and even the slobbery kisses. I love my family, and am going to miss them!
Now, everyone who knows me knows I have a soft spot for babies. I have done my fair share of hogging all the little ones in my family, and Emberly is no different. I love putting her to sleep, and cuddling with her. She looks so sweet! I'm so glad that my brothers and sister have had such great kids! They are so much fun to spoil! Although I must say I probably won't miss wiping spit up off my arm from holding Emberly (although I'll miss everything else). :)
I just had to post this close-up of Emberly, since she looked so adorable. I'm so glad to have such a great family that is always so loving, and helpful. I wish that Kristie, Barth and the boys (and soon to be little girl!) were here, but I guess you can't have the perfect life (mine's close, though). I wish that I could just pack them all in the suitcases and take them off to college with me!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Melissa----You know we will all miss you terribly:( Although I know you will have wonderful experiences and fun times at college:) I don't think the kids will know what to do with themselves for the first couple times with out you there:( It just won't feel the same at all. But we are glad we had a great fun night to send you off---and we will see ya Tuesday for Swimmming....so it is not Goodbye YET!

Shelly's Space said...

Yes, your little neices and nephew will miss you quite alot. You are a very fun aunt to have.......and a very sweet neice. I'm so glad we'll get to see you as well.

Jenny Jensen said...

YAY, this is so exciting!! You are so beautiful and will have such a good time at school. I'm going to come and see you so i will need your address. I love you!!!!!!!!!

Kristie said...

I am so excited that you have a blog Missy!!! I love the pictures and can't wait to hear about all of your adventures at school!!!! The boys miss you!!

Michael Whitley said...

Welcome to the blogging world Missy burrito! I know my girls will sure miss you lots, but college is going to be a wonderful new chapter of your life.

We will be sure to call when we can and post lots of pictures on our blogs for you to see. Have fun, study hard and enjoy the exciting adventure called college. :)

David and Stephanie Blake Family said...

Melissa, I am going to miss you so much!!
Love,
Leah