Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Time Is Here!

Here is some more of Austin and I's wonderful Christmas Resort at our own little home! :) Here is the completed Christmas tree--and it even has a few presents under there already! :)

This is what I look at everyday...a Christmas wonderland!!! :) I believe that the Santa blanket on the chair came from a wonderful Momma last year! :)

This is another retainer from my BYU-Idaho years...Santa night light! :) He just looks so cheerful, I try and turn on the night light for a little bit each night.

Since Austin likes the Tree of Life represented in our home, this tree is another (smaller) representation, complete with beautiful white and silver ornaments and little lights! :) We turn this on every night without fail along with the big Christmas tree, and my BYU-I little mini Christmas tree. :) The Christmas carols book and little framed picture are from my Momma, as well as the lovely Merry Christmas linen! :) Thank you!

Along with the cute, official stockings that Austin hung, here are some more Christmas stockings we decided to hang up. They are from the Christmases that Austin sent me presents from Colorado...I'm so glad that this year we get to wake up to Christmas morning together and enjoy the happiness that Christmas morning always brings!!! :)

This is the first of some close-ups of the fun Christmas decorations we have on the piano. The "Merry Christmas" blocks and the nativity on the far right are from my sweet mother-in-law, and this is the Nativity that Leah gave me last year. Austin and I are so blessed!!! :)

This is a Nativity set we got for our wedding this past June. We love it, especially the shepherd on the bottom...and the fact that it's a music box playing the tune of "O Little Town of Bethlehem."

Here is a jolly Santa Claus that currently holds our yummy candy canes...however, at the rate I'm eating these candy canes, I'm betting they don't last all the way till Christmas! :)

This this basket is a exceptional favorite in our household! Every time Austin and I had gone Christmas shopping for Nativities this year, we ALWAYS happened to pass marvelous-smelling cinnamon-scented pinecones. Finally, one time at Wal-Mart Austin turned to me and asked sheepishly-"Melissa, you know those pinecones that smell so good?" I looked at him in surprise and said yes, which led to his inquiry, "Do you think we could get some?" At this I officially had to tell him how sweet he was for even asking, and that OF COURSE we could get some, because after all it was the Christmas season! :) We were both so happy, we went through ALL the bags of scented pinecones, and settled for the one perfect bag--then went home and promptly put them into a basket to add to our decorations! :) Now every time we walk past them, we can smell anew that wondeful smell that we both love! :)

Now, the other day Austin came home with this beauty--if you look close you can see the leaves are more pinkish, with beautiful sparkles all over them. WOW, was I ever surprised! :) I love flowers, and this was a special treat for him to bring me some! :) Apparently his work had handed out these poinsettas to everyone at work. While all his fellow employees had quickly settled them on their desks, Austin had thought to himself, "I bet Love would be so happy to have these brightening up our home. I think I will take them to her instead of leaving them here at work." Isn't that so sweet? I think he is my personal guardian angel, because he is so good to me. I love you sweetie! :)

Here is a top shot of that beautiful poinsetta. Now we have two beautiful bundles of poinsettas! :) "'Tis the season to be jolly...." Merry Christmas, everyone! Christmas day will soon be upon us!!! :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the tour! I love seeing your home and all your decorations. And I had to laugh at the pine cone story;) So cute!

Debi said...

I like seeing the christmas tree in the light, it's pretty. Also, I love the pictures of the pink poinsettia plant. It's so nice and full. :) I love the smell of the cinnamon pinecones in the store, too. I wonder if your house will smell like cinnamon all the time, like Garden Ridge?

Melissa said...

I don't think the pinecones are quite as strong as that, since it is just one bag...but it is enough to lightly scent the air so that you can smell the cinnamon when you walk by the basket. :) I wouldn't mind it smelling like Garden Ridge in my house, though! :) :) :)

Kristie said...

I love all the wonderful decorations! That is a beautiful poinsettia!! I think I need a pink one in my house too!! :) You guys look very festive over there. And I also like the story about the pinecones. So sweet!

Austin said...

Those pinecones smell SOOO GOOD!! MMMM!!!

Shelly's Space said...

Very festive decorations Melissa:) I really had fun reading this post....have a wonderful 1st Christmas with Austin!!! Love You:)