Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby Bump!

So I finally began "showing" a little bit, but my baby belly still isn't very big. However, since Austin and I both are too excited for me to look bigger, I figured a couple of pictures could be posted now to let everyone know where I'm at (size-wise). Surprise! Don't I look huge?! :) Just kidding, this was a silly picture Austin and I took around Christmas eve when we found out we were having a baby! :) I'm NOT actually that big yet (thank goodness!). Just thought I'd put that out there for the sake of being silly. :)
Here's how big I ACTUALLY am right now. Sort of anti-climatic after the other silly picture. But unlike a shirt with a pillow stuffed up to look like a pregnant belly, this IS my actual pregnant belly. :) It may not look like much, but now that the queasy morning sickness is totally behind me (as far as I can tell), I'm hungry. ALL THE TIME. No kidding! :) I thought that feeling so hungry was an exaggeration that people like to joke about when they are talking about pregnancy. It's not. I have woken up the past two nights in the middle of the night starving for something to eat, even when I just ate before going to bed! What a crazy time, is all I have to say. I just know that Austin is very sweet to me with all my pregnancy needs, and is always willing to help. He's just the best husband ever, I think! :)



It's been four weeks now since I first felt the baby move, and by now the moving around has escalated to nice, strong kicks, and PLENTY of wiggling! It's so neat to be able to feel my very own baby move--and Austin likes to feel those strong kicks too! :)

Now that I'm 19 weeks along, we only have to wait one more week for our ultrasound, which is scheduled for April 14 at 10 am. Yay!!! We can't wait to find out what we're having! :) What do you think it will be--boy or girl?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

okay...this post is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!! You should update us like this once a week now that you are over the horrible sickness stuff! You look preggo and very cute:) And I am guessing a boy only b/c that is what I *hope* so I can give you all my clothes:) But I am usually wrong....So I really have no guess. But I can't wait to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you made my day with this exciting post:)

Melissa said...

Thanks, Amanda! :) I will do my best to get a preggo shot once a week if I can and post it up here. :)

ProudDaddy said...

Well I hopeits not a cocker spanniel or a cat. But seriously maybe a girl and then you being dressing up the hamsters anymore.:D
You know I can't be serious.

Debi said...

It is funny to see the BIG tummy and the little tummy :) You DO look big to me now (when I don't look at the big picture of the pillow first). I can' wait to find out if you are carrying a boy or a girl. That's exciting!

Kristie said...

How fun! I love it! You look very cute with your little "showing" tummy!!! :D The first picture makes me laugh! You are so funny! You know that I guess girl, but I guess that we will see next week! I am so excited to see!!!!!

Austin said...

BOY! You are showing quite a bit!

Melissa said...

Thanks, sweetie. :) Does that mean you are guessing a boy? :)