Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My 2 Favorite Girls

 Sisters forever...Claire and Camille, my sweethearts. They love each other so much, and are always snuggling and smiling and being sweet to each other. I know this won't last forever, but I sure am enjoying the newness of this life-long relationship. :) It is so heart-warming to watch them show their love to each other every day.
 This isn't the best picture of Camille, but I love how natural and happy Claire looks in it. Today was BEAUTIFUL outside--over 70 degrees! Of course I packed the girls up out of the house as soon as naptime was over so indulge in some much-needed relaxing play time outside. I spread out a big blanket for Camille, and Claire and I ate oranges for snack time while Camille played with her toys.
 Camille has been a little cranky and fussy today, but I think at least one tooth should pop in here pretty soon...if not more than one. I just love babies in sun hats! :)
 Look at those bare toes...ahhh! I cherish remembering beautiful moments like this when I have to put up with the exhausting days of 100+ heat  through September and October.
 Is there anything more precious than your own children? I don't think life gets better (even if it is harder, sometimes) than this. :)
Lest anyone think our "relaxing" afternoon was completely comprised of laying back and looking at the clouds, here is a silly picture for you. :) Claire relaxed for about as long as I took these pictures, and then she was up and RUNNING her heart out around the yard, kicking the ball, swinging and sliding, and telling me all sorts of fun stories she thought up. :) All the while Camille played...and then started crawling backwards!!! I was not prepared for that, although she has been up rocking on her hands and knees every once in a while. Later tonight while I was giving Claire a bath and letting Camille play in the hall with her toys where I could keep an eye on her, she crawled/scooted backwards almost into the living room, and then rolled herself into the doorway to my room. Watch out! This baby is going to be going places all on her own here pretty soon. :)

All in all, today was a perfect day. I'm tired, but happy. I'm very thankful for such wonderful girls to call my own. I'm especially thankful for a sweet and amazing husband who is so very helpful and good to me and these little sweeties! :) I can't imagine my life without them.

5 comments:

Debi said...

I love the pictures, especially that first one with baby Camille's little head popping out of the top of the blanket. It was a perfect day to be outside with your 2 favorite girls (I love them, too!).

Amanda said...

Love those adorable girls of yours! We were outside yesterday and today all afternoon and even ate dinner outside both nights! I wish this weather could stay!!!!

Kristie said...

So cute! I love all the pictures! The girls are getting so big! Thanks for sharing your warms sunny day with me! It makes me jealous since it's so cold here!! :)

Shanna said...

Cute girls! Claire's hair is getting so long! Glad you could enjoy being outside, I'm hoping for some days like that next week when we are there. I would love to soak up the sun with all of you!

Shanna said...

Cute girls! Claire's hair is getting so long! Glad you could enjoy being outside, I'm hoping for some days like that next week when we are there. I would love to soak up the sun with all of you!