Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nursery Fun...Part 1

This past year I spent at home has been also spent as a nursery assistant to some of the cutest children on this earth! :) I love them so much, and will miss them terribly when I leave. I took many pictures, but just am posting "individuals" here. What will I do without my cuties to look forward to every week?
This week my class started out playing with Play Doh. The picture above is of Melody, who always has a kind word for me, and loves to be near me, cuddling or just smiling and asking all sorts of sweet childlike questions.
The picture above is of Bryson. :) Here he is busy making a snake, or something fun to play with. He is one of the most handsome boys ever! He is one of the kids I have known the longest in Nursery. (Also, this picture has Aiden in it, who was quite busy making different inventions with his play doh, but didn't really want his picture taken at the time.)
This picture is of Shannon. She and Stacy are best friends, and are my "story tellers" because they like to tell me all kinds of interesting make-believe things when we read stories...they sound like they have wonderful imaginations, which is one of the best things about being a child and playing with others! :) Shannon is so beautiful and sweet, and I will miss her twinkly eyes, and smile.
This picture is of Ian. Ian is a peacemaker, which is very important in a nursery class. He always has a kind word for everyone, and a cheerful attitude about everything in class. He always comforts those who get hurt playing, and plays with those who feel shy and lonely. I will always remember him and try to be more like my young friend Ian when I am in a new situation. Everyone loves a genuine, nice friend--which is what Ian is to all. :)
This is a picture of Carter, my sweet, blue-eyed, blonde-haired cutie who likes to snuggle, and play with all the cars he can find. He likes to color with me, and play trucks, airplanes and cars. I love the way he treats me like his best friend. The other Sunday I took him to his mommy, and Carter said he would rather "stay with Melissa" than go home! :) What a sweetheart! :)
I have LOVED being in nursery with such special children of God. They are such a light, and good example to me. I will miss you all!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those kids are lucky to have YOU!