Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moses Basket Bedding

What is a pregnant girl to do when she can't sleep anymore? Make some girly bedding for her Moses Basket! :) That's right, I made this bedding you see now all on my own! Last night when Austin went to scouts, I headed off to Hobby Lobby for some materials, and then got right down to work. I did most of the sewing last night...all except the top part of the bumpers--but I pinned that together before I finally went to bed last night. It was very late, I must admit!

This morning I also cut some ribbon for the ties and sewed them in when I sewed the top trim into the bumpers. Then I googled how to tie a pretty bow (so the basket would look extra nice for the blog!), and had at it! :)

What do you think? Not bad for a beginner sewer and her trusty sewing machine! :) I was pretty proud of myself for being able to do this without getting frustrated...

Here is the up-close shot of the material I used, and the eyelet trim. I'm just so excited for this little girl to get here soon! :)

6 comments:

Austin said...

Wow! IMPRESSIVE! MOST IMPRESSIVE! All in one night while I was snoring away...zzz...

Debi said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!! (You're a chip off the old block...the most domestically talented person in Texas!) I LOVE this girly looking Moses basket more than ever!! You did a great job. I especially like the eyelet and the ribbons. It gives everything such a motherly touch. :)

Kristie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! So cute!!! You did a fantastic job on everything. You are all ready for that cute little pink little girl of yours! :) You are turning into a little sewing wiz!!! Way to go sister sue!

Amanda said...

SO, SO, SO cute! I love it! Now I will just pray for your sake that your little girl *might* actually sleep a lot in that cute basket! You have become quite a seamstress!

ProudDaddy said...

Very cute. Any little girl will be very happy to have such a cute bed. I guess your next project will be to sew a backpack for Austin's boy scout activities.LOL

Shelly's Space said...

WOW!! I'm so impressed! You are taking after your big sister (and you mom too) on being very creative! I love the fabric...it looks so sweet...just perfect for the perfect little girl:)