Saturday, September 17, 2011

Claire Brianne Is Already 1 Week Old!

Can you believe this little sleeping cutie is already over a week old? I can't! She is growing everyday...and getting cuter by the minute!

I love this picture of Claire sticking out her tongue. Isn't she silly? :)

Here is a picture of Claire posing on one of her blankets she got from her great-grandma Collins. Her outfit is from her grandma Palmer! :)

Claire making use of her best talent--looking cute!

Claire and her grandma. We are so glad that you are visiting us, Claire says! :)

What a poser. :)

My beautiful daughter.

Claire has been very good for the most part, except for one night where her tummy was hurting, and it took us three hours to finally calm her down. That was so sad, and she cried so much until she had worked everything out that it just broke my heart.

Claire in another outfit from grandma Palmer. I just can't get enough of my sweet girl's cuteness!

This week Claire's umbilical cord fell off...right on her one week birthday! :) So we were able to give Claire her first real bath that day. She did fairly well, but she did cry. I don't think she was quite sure about all of this getting a bath stuff...she would rather be wrapped up all warm and cozy in her cute outfits and blankets!

She has been eating very well. We have had a few incidents over here...all involving the diaper changing and Austin. Earlier this week Austin was changing Claire's diaper, and everything was going well...when...surprise! Claire went potty all over Austin's hand that was cleaning her up. Austin didn't think it was so funny, but I could not stop laughing.

I'm so lucky to have Claire for my precious baby daughter. She is so good and happy so much of the time. I love how she enjoys laying on your lap and looking around with her big blue eyes. I love that she sticks out her tongue when she is taking things in around her. I think it is cute the way she smacks her lips when she is finished nursing, and then stretches really big before curling up to sleep off her meal. :) I love the little rolls of fat she is getting now that she is gaining weight and chunking right up. :) She is so precious to me, and I am so lucky to be her mother.

9 comments:

Shanna said...

I feel so lucky to be here and take part in the miracle of a new baby!It was so fun to watch her first bath! They go from crying in the bath to splashing and loving it very quickly! Claire is the best baby ever and her parents are pretty special too.

Austin said...

Claire is such a good baby, she hardly ever cries, and is just too sweet!

Melissa said...

Thanks Mom, we are so glad to have you here too! Thanks for coming to help with Claire. :)

Kristie said...

So sweet! I can't believe that she is already a week old!!! :) She is looking mighty cute in all of those fun outfits. I hope you are feeling better day by day!

Amanda said...

How are u feeling ?? Claire is just so precious and cute as can be! i love all her outfits,blankets, and hairbows;) that kind if cuteness should not be allowed! and i loved hearing all about her first week of life.

Debi said...

Looks like you guys had a fun but eventful week. :) Claire is so cute. I loved hearing about her first bath. :) I can't wait until I can hold her more next week....maybe I'll be able to tell some tales on Momma... :)

Debi said...

What I meant was, maybe I can tell a few tales about things that happen to the NEW momma next week. :)

Melissa said...

I'm feeling pretty good! I only take my pain meds about twice a day now, since I'm not hurting quite as much, thank goodness! And the baby belly is shrinking rapidly as well (hooray!)...I'll have to post a picture of it sometime!:)

Shelly's Space said...

I just LOVE babies....especially when they are so cute! Glad things are going well for you. Enjoy the time with your mom this next few weeks.....and take lots more pictures! Claire is very sweet...you did good!!