Thursday, September 29, 2011

3 Weeks Old

My big girl is 3 weeks old today! Here she is, fresh from yesterday's bath (which she loved...she must be a water-lover like her momma and daddy!). Like her outfit?

"Duckie" in her ducky towel after her bath. She is too cute, and I adore her!

She is chunking right up and getting cuter by the minute! :) Last week at her 2 week well check-up at the doctor's office, Claire weighed in at 9 pounds, 1 ounce. What a big girl! She did so well at the doctor's office that she slept through most of the doctor's exam...even when he opened her eyes to check them! I think Austin and I got spoiled in the good-baby department. :)

Not only did she sleep through the doctor's visit, but last night Claire slept from around midnight all the way until 5:30 AM! What a nice stretch of sleeping for her Mommy and Daddy, I think. :) I think she looks especially cute in this blanket made for her by her Great Grandma Collins. :) Thank you!

Claire being sweet...sleeping! :)

Claire and her daddy. :) Austin is just so sweet with her! The other night Austin was holding Claire, and I went into the bedroom to check on how he was holding up...and found both of them sleeping away! It was too cute, I wish I had gotten a picture of it. :) Austin is one sweet daddy to our little girl.

Last week and this week my mom has been coming over every day to help me out. It seems like there is a little "fairy" around the house these days, helping out with everything I need. I will sure miss her when she isn't here, and I'm trying to "fly solo" in the Mommy-ing department. Thank you, Momma! :)

Between my mom and Austin's mom, it might be a little rough next week when I start the real Mommy job alone. Wish me luck! At least I'm fitting into some pre-pregnancy clothes these days...I was able to squeeze into a pair of blue jeans today! :) Now, only 10 pounds left to go. :)

Austin and I finally were able to get a date for Claire's blessing day--October 16, 2011. It will be very special to hear Austin take our tiny daughter in his arms to give her a blessing from her Heavenly Father. What a special time that will be. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Love all the pictures of my sweet little Clairie Bell!! :) You will do fine next week....Claire is such a good baby. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks, Momma. :) I sure hope so!

Shanna said...

She is growing!!! Cute pictures--she looks so happy and content. I think she looks especially cute in that peach outfit. That is a good color for her. You are a natural when it comes to being a mommy--you will be fine. Counting the days until Oct 16...miss you guys!

Austin said...

Love the "I love Daddy outfit"!

Kristie said...

So sweet! I can't believe that it has been 3 weeks since she was born already!!! She looks so sweet and cute! I love the "snow bunny" picture of Claire all wrapped up in her towel! I miss you all! Give that sweet baby a kiss for me!

Debi said...

TIME FOR ANOTHER POST!!! :)