Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 1 Spring Break Week

 Claire ate corn on the cob tonight for dinner for the first time. She loved it!
 "Yay!" She says. "I've never eaten corn on the cob before. I thought it just came as kernels." :)
Delicious!

Today was Day 1 of Spring Break week here at our house. Momma came over and took Claire and I thrift shopping. It was so much fun! :) We found some good clothes at the Dollar Spot, and I found some fabric for a chair that I'm looking to re-upholster. :) Then we went back to my house for lunch, and to let Claire take a nap. We washed our finds, and now they are all ready! When Claire woke up, we took her to feed the ducks with Momma's Duck Bread. It was the first time Claire had ever gotten to feed the ducks, and she absolutely loved it! :) She kept saying, "quack, quack" with me, and laughing. :) The ducks were pretty skittish though, and wouldn't come very close. We had a great time anyways. :) I can't wait for tomorrow--we're going to the Zoo! :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah:) and ur blogging! Glad u guys are having fun:) we are back to our very busy daily grind:( what zoo are u guys going to? The zoos can be very busyaround spring break times....i am sure other districts around here are on spring break this week too. We went to the ft. Worth zoo when P was in kinder on spring break . It was awful and soooo busy.. the traffic and parking alone was insane. i vvowed to never go on spring break again. I hope u guys dont have that experience. Now we always go to the dallas zoo and only once every summer;)
I love the dallas zoo....they have really done great improvements in the last 10 yrs.

Shanna said...

I don't know why, but corn always tastes better on the cob! Glad Claire likes it. Our spring break is next week and I'm hoping for nice weather--you never know here in Colorado! Enjoy the zoo!

dwhitley9@juno.com said...

Claire is getting so big! I bet she can even say, "corn!" It was so nice spending the day with my daughter~~and her daughter!!

Kristie said...

Looks yummy!! I hope you and Momma are having a good week together!! :) Claire is getting so big! The other day Amber asked if you could come visit! :) She is missing her Auntie M!