Sunday, March 17, 2013

Exciting Happenings!

Above is a picture of what Claire loves doing best these days--walking around in Mommy's shoes! She's pretty good at it too, especially these flats that she is walking in here. She would walk around all day like this if I let her. :)

But the main thing I wanted to post about was about how Claire has really exploded in the language department lately. She says all kinds of little things like: more, all d (for all done), got it, no-no, night-night, momma, daddy, grandma, please, and lately she says "scriptures." She pronounces it more like "spiptures", but hey, I think that is pretty good, right?! :) But today, during sacrament meeting at church, she started putting together words. (To her, "got it" and "all done" aren't separate words--just something she says to tell me she is all done with something, or that she has gotten something--usually one of the balls she plays with.) She was sitting on Austin's lap and she looked up at him and said "Daddy, night-night!" Austin and I were so proud of her!!! :) She made her own little baby "sentence"! :)

Not only that, but tonight during our family scripture time she did it again! Claire loves to carry around Austin's scriptures (he reads out of his French scriptures for family scripture study), and after we finished reading she always goes over to Austin to get them. Tonight she went over to her daddy and asked him, "baby scriptures?" (Claire calls herself baby.) Translation: can I have these scriptures? :) Of course, we let her have them. :)

I can't believe my baby is getting so big! She is learning and growing and changing so much. Last Sunday was her first Sunday in nursery, and I just can't believe it! Sometimes I look back at pictures from when we first brought her home from the hospital, and think, "where has the time gone?" The past year and a half has been the best time of my life. Sometimes the hardest time of my life, bust most definitely the best. :) I'm so excited to see this sweet daughter of mine grow up, and I plan on enjoying every moment! :)

5 comments:

dwhitley9@juno.com said...

Claire is so smart!!! I told you, God is speeding up the time. I can't believe Claire is already talking. :)

Amanda said...

She will probably be telling u stories in full sentences by her 2nd birthday:) its so exciting! I remember:) 2 is a really cute, sweet age---dispite the tantrums people talk of! P never had those.....L had some.....but 2 is still so precious:)

Kristie said...

So fun!! I can't believe that Claire is getting to be so big!!! :) And nursery? Wow!! So big!! Time is flying by!

Shanna said...

Can't wait to see you guys in May and hear all those sweet phrases! Go Claire!

Ansley Whitley said...

That is so cute! She is getting so big!