Friday, May 13, 2011

♥ Home Is Where the Heart Is ♥

Lately Austin and I have taken to rearranging our apartment in the interest of making room for our new little addition to the family! :) I decided to post some pictures now that I'm on a break until the baby comes. :) Also, if you notice, we got curtains!!! I was so excited to get them--and I put them up, too! On Wednesday this week, I installed the curtain rod, the curtain holdbacks, and put the curtains up all on my own! I was pretty impressed with myself, needless to say. And I'm loving the look that the curtains give...it just looks so much more homey here at our apartment now!

I figured I would just do some "panoramic" shots piece by piece of our "new" apartment, so you can get an idea of how our setup is now that we've moved everything around. I'm standing by the piano that has stayed, despite all the shifting around of furniture, with the bookcase and kitchen on my right in this photo.

Sorry this picture is kind of blurry, but on the left you can see the couch and the rocking chair, and then the bookcase with my dolls in its usual spot. Then, you will notice my white organizers that we moved from the bedroom out into the living room to make room for the baby, as well as my dressing table which is now a part of the living room as well! :)

These are the curtains I originally bought for the living room window. On the package the curtain length and width were labelled, but I mistakenly assumed they were giving the length and width of each panel. Apparently not, but Austin had the wonderful idea of putting my pretty curtains on our window in our bedroom, and they just look gorgeous! I love the way that they complete the room, and give it an elegant feel. :)

For Mother's Day, Austin got me many sweet presents, but one of my very favorite presents was this BEAUTIFUL bouquet of white roses!!! Every day they have opened up more and more, and are just looking so amazing, I had to document their beauty for everyone to see. :)

Last night Austin was such a wonderful husband and put up the baby crib! I am so lucky to have such amazing sisters-in-law and sister who have so lovingly given to me so many pregnancy and baby things. Everything I will practically ever need I have received from Amanda, Kristie, and Heather, and I am so blessed! This crib was originally Amanda's, and I just love having it up! :) I know it is still a few months until the baby is born, but I am just too excited to wait. :) Hence all the rearranging of furniture so that baby things can start appearing here and there.... :)

This picture isn't the best one of me, but I'm getting bigger every day! I now have gained 12 pounds since I first became pregnant, and 9 of those pounds have been in the last month! I can feel my little girl kicking every day now without fail, and moving around like I'm a little mini-jungle gym. It is so amazing to think of how big she is getting, and how in just in a few months, a new life can have formed so far! I am more excited than ever to meet my new little one and hold her in my arms for the first time.


I LOVE this red and white bedding that Amanda gave me, and I think it is so cute! I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for so many wonderful baby things. :) After the crib was made up, dust ruffle and all, Austin and I put in some of the baby things we have for our little girl so far. The pink onesie I got for Austin says "I love my daddy." I keep telling my tummy, "You are a lucky girl, you sure have a great daddy!" Austin is always so sweet to give me backrubs when my back is hurting, and I can't wait to see how wonderful he will be as a daddy. :)

The white onesie I made to match some white "Palmer" shirts I made for Austin and I for his birthday, but I added the "baby" to the Palmer to make it look cuter. :) On the back I also ironed on a pink and white cupcake since on the back of our shirts each has our names on them. We'll be the matching family now! :)

I also painted these letters for Austin's birthday last month, and just finished hanging them this week. We decided to hang the "Love You" message over our new little girl's crib, because not only do Austin and I love each other, we love our precious little girl! :)

We are just so excited to have so many changes going on in our life right now. Austin just got a promotion at work, and we are very excited about that--he has been working extra hard these past couple of weeks, putting in 12 hour workdays almost every day! We feel so blessed to be a part of a wonderful family, and to be starting a new little family of our own! Only three more months now, and our lives will change forever...and we couldn't be happier. :)

9 comments:

Debi said...

I love all of the changes, especially the curtains! The ones in the bedroom kind of remind me of Kristie's livingroom curtains. :) You did a great job of painting those LOVE YOU letters! That made a cute wall hanging. The house looks very cozy. Duckie will like coming into such a loving and cozy first little home....and even if she doesn't remember it, you will have provided some nice documentation for her in your blog. :)

Debi said...

PS....you are going to have to teach me how to make those little hearts...

Austin said...

Wow! You do such good work! While I've been away at work, you have transformed our beautiful home in to a baby/hammy palace! Love it!

Melissa said...

Momma,
I actually got the bedroom curtains on sale, and I bought specifically because I love Kristie's curtains, and thought these looked like them, too. :) I'm glad that you thought the same! :)

Kristie said...

Every thing looks so cute! I am glad that you are getting all excited for your new little one! :) Did they get all the mold stuff fixed and is your place back to smelling like normal? I hope so! I like the curtains. Very pretty! And you made that "love you" sign!?! I LOVE it! So cute and creative. I might just have to steal that idea. :) Thanks for the new post (and for telling me about it yesterday). And congrats to Austin for the job promotion!!!!!!

Amanda said...

WOW there is a lot in this post! Loved seeing it all. Really. Seeing the crib set up and you standing next to it...thinking of another baby sleeping it...since it has already slept...Pierce, Benny, Liam, and now it will be your baby girls...brought a tear to my eye. I am really so excited for you guys and so glad that my stuff will be used again:)
I don't care...but just asking....are you not going to use the bumpers? I love those big thick bumpers...but I know some people don't like to use bumpers at all.

Amanda said...

You are very crafty Melissa...and the curtains do make it look like a home:)

Melissa said...

Amanda,
We already set up the bumpers, but when I had taken these pictures I hadn't put them in yet. But they are all tied in there, and looking so cute! :) I love love love them! Thank you so much!!! :) I'll post an updated pic so you can see soon. :)

Debi said...

Just stopping by to see how cute your apartment looked again... :) I was thinking that there were bumpers in the crib when I saw it in person on Saturday....

I love this post! :)