Thursday, October 25, 2007

Welcome to the 80's!!

Welcome to the 80's!!! Sorry that the pictures are kinda turned around, I always forget that you can't rotate them when you blog the pics, so they're always kinda messed up. However, last night we had a ward Halloween Party, and our FHE family dressed up as people from the 80's, but Darci wanted to be a Ninja, so that's what she went as instead. I talked to Kristie before we left for the ward party, and she said to have big hair, and tightroll my pants (since that's what they did in the 80's), so I kinda tightrolled my pants here, and put my hair up in a big, poofy side ponytail for the party. I had my make-up done by Mandi (you probably can't see it...thank goodness...but I have rainbow colored eyeshadow), and Sydney rolled my shirt I borrowed from her, and I also borrowed her big headphones, since they told me that looked 80's too. Here we all are before we left!
Sorry the picture of Sydney and Mandi are kinda blurry, but we were taking pictures fast before we left, and this is the best that I got.
And here's the picure of Darci in her Ninja costume. She loves Anamae, and all that kind of stuff, so this is what she had decided to be before our FHE group decided to go as people from the 80's. Doesn't she look like a true Ninja? :) Here she is striking a pose for a fighter Ninja.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

YEAH!!! A new post:)
YEAH!!! A New post!!!!
Sorry I had to say that twice:)

You look great:) I hope you had fun at your party!!! I remember tight rolling my acid-washed jeans and wearing t-shirts with the sleeves rolled up and I had big poofy bangs!

Kristie said...

You look great Melissa! Amanda- I told her to do big poofy bangs, but she said that she couldn't since she has no bangs!! I hope that you had a fun time last night!

Melissa said...

Yeah, I did have a fun time last night. Although, I have to say, the North's version of chip salsa leaves something to be desired...I heard it was actually tomato paste(I really missed our Texas salsa) :( Oh well, it was interesting to see all the different types of costumes there. :)

Debi said...

Actually you really did look like an 80's girl!! Now Mandi and Sydney looked cute, but not like 80's people. Darci made an excellent Ninja. Hope swim practice went swimmingly.... :)

Shelly's Space said...

Looks like a fun night!! You looked very 80's (adorable of course!!) Isn't it wonderful to be able to meet people and have FHE groups? I love church schools!!!

Jenny Jensen said...

I definitely love home evening groups (hehe) and I miss all the college fun (not that I had much fun....) lol. You look the best out of the all the costumes i think. Oh, and that does seem like something Darci would do, huh? I MISS YOU!!!!

P.S. I mailed you something today! YAY!

Unknown said...

gotta get you set up with picasa! it will post your pics right side up.

you go valley girl!

Heather Whitley said...

Lol, melissa. It's so funny to start getting old and realize stuff you did in the past is now a retro theme for a costume party. I had big puffy bangs, too. Michael's seen pics, and he refers to them as "the claw."