Friday, October 26, 2007

A Normal, Sit-Down Dinner!! :)

Guess what?? I actually made a Sunday-like sit-down dinner!! And you know what?? Everyone sat down together for the first time this semester and ate dinner together! :) I was so happy (and everyone else was too) to have a honest-to-goodness home-cooked meal, that we all scarfed it down pretty fast. We even made garlic toast with it! Let me tell, you, that meal was the BEST meal I've had in a while! Yeah for normal food!! :)Sorry, this is a kinda blurry picture, but at least it isn't all turned around where you are breaking your neck to try and look at the picture... :) like other pictures I have posted that I could mention. This is what the kitchen looked like tonight.
This was an earlier picture that I took before I made the toast. Believe me, that was one of the most satisfying meals I've eaten in a LONG TIME! MMMM, MMMM!

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Mmmmmm....looks yummy!!! But I don't know why you were mad at the toast!! Hee, hee...just a mistype I know, but I couldn't resist!!! :) Way to go making a great meal for everyone!!!!!!

Unknown said...

put the leftovers in the fridge ;)

my little domestic sis! I'm sure your roomies love you for that.

ProudDaddy said...

Your meal looked great and Kristie stole my comment about your toast. Who got to clean up the kitchen? Should have just let the cat clean it up.

Debi said...

The dinner looks like it WAS delicious and I am so happy that you are setting a good example for the other young ladies by cooking. Your future husband will thank you for it! :) Your plates look very pretty, too. Did you set the table with your dishes and then call and invite them to eat? You know, I always love ALL the details. Yes, and I'm wondering if you cleaned up after yourself right away, too? It won't be fun to cook if you have to get up the next day to a big mess.... Have a nice Saturday and WOW--GOOD BLOGGING! It's a nice visual of what's happenin' there at college! Don't forget, I'm printing all of the blogs out, too...that way you will have a mini-journal of your carefree days to look back on. I know, you are saying "CAREFREE?" Hey, I know what I'm talking about....these will be considered carefree days whether you realize it or not! :)

Jenny Jensen said...

that looks SO GOOD, now i'm craving spaghetti. really craving it. I tried to do things like that with my roomies, but off-campus, there are six of us, and i don't like we were all ever home at the same time, except after curfew. You are a good roomie!!

Amanda said...

YUM! YUM! Yeah for you for cooking for EVERYONE! maybe they will do it for you one day:) Any meal I don't cook/shop for is the best meal ever!

Shelly's Space said...

Looks good very tasty!! I laughed when I read Stevens comment......
I check your blog frequently in case you post and today I got a real treat....2 blogs!!

Amanda said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Come on do a Halloween Post for us!!!:)