Sunday, November 4, 2007

Belated Halloween!! :)

This belated Halloween post is dedicated to Amanda--here's your post!! You asked for it, and here it is! :) Darci and I carved pumpkins the Sunday night before Halloween (which was also Darci's 18th birthday, by the way). We had such a good time! Here is the picture Darci took of my pumpkin and me.
Here is my jack-o-lantern! Scary, huh? Ok, so maybe not, but I sure enjoyed carving it...
Ok, I just had to post this picture. I had Darci take this one for me to post because I was reminiscing on my last Halloween when I made my pumpkin facial masque, and pretended to eat the slimy, gooey stuff. Haha, I love this pic! Although the pumpkin guts look more like cheese than the actual slimy stuff it really was...
Here is me carving my Halloween jack-o-lantern!! Yea for Halloween! Oh, and I forgot to mention that while we were carving our scary pumpkins, Darci played some cute Halloween music!
Here were the pumpkins pre-scary mode! :)
Here was what the inside of my pumpkin looked like. I don't ever think I have carved a skinnier pumpkin than the one that I did this year...
It's almost cleaned out! I LOVE carving Halloween pumpkins!
I hoped that you like the Halloween stuff! Momma also sent me a care package a while back, which I meant to post about but never quite got around to it...sorry! :( I finally got my beautiful shopping backpack, which DEFINITELY will help when carrying groceries, and she sent me a New Era, and my favorite type of gum. Yum! I would have to say that Halloween and Darci's birthday went great, and that even though our pumpkins have gone the way of the world (a.k.a. the trashcan), we had a great time this year!

4 comments:

Debi said...

Yes, that was certainly a tall, skinny pumpkin you carved! No fat ones there in idaho? I remember your carving pumpkins last year, too. You should have showed your roommates how to do the facial with the goopy seeds..... :)

Jenny Jensen said...

YAY for pumpkins!! I didn't get to carve any pumpkins this year. in fact its been a couple years since i last carved a pumpkin...i think it was sophomore year of college...in 2005. I'm glad you did something fun with darci. Props for the halloween music!! I'm so glad we got to talk on the phone tonight! LOVE YOU!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the post Melissa! YOu are very creative with your carving (like Steve)! Your pumpkin looks awesome:) P liked seeing these pictures too!

Kristie said...

Cute pumpkin!!! I am glad that you had a good time carving. My roommates and I carved pumpkins when we were in college. I hope you had a great Halloween!