Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Nicest Guys Ever :)

Hey guys!! I know that I haven't been blogging for a while, but Momma told me that I should blog about this. I still can't get my computer to put the pictures on anything, so I'll put my shopping backpack picture up when that happens.

But that's not actually what I was going to blog about. So, here in Rexburg I would have to say that I don't think I have actually opened a single door (well, except for my apartment door, of course) since I've been here. Guys here do everything for you!! :) I feel like I don't even have to lift a finger to do anything. Going to classes they open doors for me. Going to church they open doors for me. It doesn't matter if I know them or they know me...they just open the doors! (I must admit, I like this version of getting spoiled, haha.) I feel like I'm gonna be soft when I finally get back home!!!

It's not just doors though. Last night I went to the Galley (the school cafeteria) to eat dinner. I didn't know anyone there, so I sat down by myself and was planning on eating quickly. Then this guy came over to my table and said, "Hey, you looked kinda lonely, would you like to come and sit with me?" He then proceeded to help me put my dishes of food back on my tray, and then carried it for me over to his table when I agreed. He was really nice, and from Hong Kong, China! Wow! Talk about a long ways from home!! But he was genuine and nice, just like what seems to be the general standard for all the guys that are here at BYU-Idaho. :) I must admit, it's a nice thing that a girl can get used to VERY easily. :)

Well, all my roomies have left for home, and now I have the nice, big apartment to myself. It's actually kinda nice. I took the best-ever nap today, and I'm gonna go to bed early tonight. :) I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving break!! :)

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like chivalry is alive and well there at school!! I hope that you have a nice break and catch up on lots of sleep!!! It was fun talking to you tonight!!! I love you!

Debi said...

Nice post Melissa! See, you can post things without pictures! I'm glad that everyone is so nice at BYU-Idaho. I know you will have a relaxing week. Stephanie said to tell you that you could hop a shuttle and have Thanksgiving with their kids, but I told her you were going to be doing the roast thing....she was worried that you would regret being by yourself on Thanksgiving day but I told her I thought you would be fine. How was your dinner??

Amanda said...

WOW! That is very nice:) Thanks for the post and the update!!! I hope you can enjoy your quite down time and keep blogging for us this week! I must admit I would not mind a few days alone myself!

Shelly's Space said...

Sorry for jumping in here, but some of those nice guys know alot about computers and so when your room mates return back from vacation you need to invite a computer genius over to fix your computer.

Love,

Uncle Richard

Debi said...

Hey Richard--YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!! I hadn't even thought of that!!!! And I always say I'm the idea person....I dropped the ball on that one :)