Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Yea!!! The Christmastime holiday is almost upon us!!!! :) I think that I love Christmas most of all, because it is a time to be with family and friends, and to enjoy the gift of our Savior's birth. Christmastime always puts me in mind of fragrant Christmas trees, and our old record player singing out the old Perry Como (I don't know if I spelled that right or not...) tunes, and the songs from the King family. Ahhh, good old Christmas! :) I remember when I was little, looking forward to Christmas eve, and thinking about what Santa might leave me. I loved the light-looking tradition every Christmas eve, and especially the family tradition of reenacting the Christmas story with Kristie playing piano afterwards and all of us singing the Christmas carols, gathered around the piano, with only the Christmas tree lights on.

Times have changed; I'm not that little girl anymore, and little nieces and nephews have been added to the Christmas scene, but it only makes me think even more happily on this time of year. I love singing an playing all the Christmas carols, and smelling the great Christmas morning breakfast that Momma still makes for everyone. :) Seeing all the Christmas wreaths up here, and the Christmas lights beginning to go up, and seeing the remnants of the last time it snowed on the ground make me wish for the Christmas season to always be here. But I guess then it wouldn't be as special, huh?

Well, I wish everyone the best of the Christmas season!!! Merry Christmas! A new year is just around the corner!! :)

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I love the Christmas time of year too!! Reading about all of our fun family traditions makdes me miss being home for the holidays!! Good luck with the last few weeks of the semester!!

Debi said...

Ho, Ho, Ho!!! Looks like you are excited since your room mates are coming home and Thanksgiving is over. How did the roast turn out--the gravy? Keep your nose in the books and don't forget to go to the library tomorrow to return that movie (just the mom in me coming out....:)

Amanda said...

I LOVE this season also:) However, this might not be my best year considering how I feel:( I loved reading your post and can't wait to see you in 3 short weeks!

ProudDaddy said...

Its been a little nippy here lately which helps the Christmas spirit bu not like Idaho. You'll have to see a commercial that I saw this weekend about 4 kids all with head flashlights on and shining them on the fireplace while waiting for Santa. It reminds me of all the kids while they were that age.