Monday, January 7, 2008

I Love Holiday Bargains!!! :)

I brought a lot of hot chocolate up to Rexburg this semester to enjoy on those cold days that I know are ahead. There was only one problem...I didn't have a mug!!! Momma and I thought about packing one to bring up here, but I didn't want it to get broken on the flight up here. So I decided to get a new one up here for as cheap as I could find. :) Well, I went to Walgreen's first because it was close, and started browsing. I went and looked in the kitchen section and couldn't find ANYTHING!!!! Darci had come with me, and so we were both looking to make sure we hadn't passed up anything that could possibly be a mug. Then I decided I would go and ask someone who worked there if they might have any mugs in the back, just on the off chance that the mugs weren't out. So we started walking up the holiday aisle...and all of a sudden Darci says Look! and low and behold, there are three Christmas mugs the PERFECT SIZE!!! :) Yea!! I looked on the bottom and it said 2 for $1, so I thought, Hey! This is a pretty good price! Only fifty cents!! :) Well, I took it up to the register, and when the lady rang it up, I found out that the mug, besides being fifty cents, was also on a 90% off holiday sale!!!!! Yea!! So guess how much I got the perfect mug for??? ONLY FIVE CENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, pretty amazing, huh? I'm pretty excited, so I thought that I would blog about it and share my excitement with everybody!! :)

10 comments:

Kristie said...

WOW!!!!!! Only 5 cents for a mug?! I can't believe it! That is a fantastic find!!! Thanks for sharing!

Debi said...

THAT IS THE MOST EXCITING DEAL I'VE EVER HEAR OF!!!!! WAY TO GO, MELISSA!!! That's a better price than you could have gotten at the vintage store!

Debi said...

That's the best deal I've ever HEARD of!! :) There, is that better?

Melissa said...

Yep! :)I'm glad that you liked my story!! :)

Melissa said...

I love you!! :)

Debi said...

I love you more!! :) I am so excited about your big bargain.... :)

Debi said...

Aren't you lucky to be so poor that you can get THAT excited about getting a 5 cent mug? That kind of euphoria is a blessing to experience. People who live their entire life without the chance to experience that feeling (because they are too wealthy), really miss out on something heady. I am glad we didn't send a mug from home and you had this experience :)

Shelly's Space said...

The deal of the century!!! I loved this blog:)

ProudDaddy said...

Hey I would say that you have your momma's "jeans" and that you did really good. Here's hoping that your cocoa last you through out your winter freeze. Love Daddy

Amanda said...

So did you only buy one at that price? Or did you buy all 3???? I would have gotten all three! Who cares if you break one or leave it there for .05! Amazing! And it's cute:)