Thursday, January 31, 2008

Winter Blizzard!!!

Sorry this first picture is kinda fuzzy...this is what it looks like right outside my apartment tonight! We are currently under a winter storm warning, and let me tell you, it was VERY hard facing into the wind when I was walking back from swim practice tonight! :( They were actually snowplowing the walkways as I was walking home in this crazy blizzard weather, so that people who were out on campus could walk to places without having to borrow snowshoes to survive the walk! :) Anyways, this is my dorm.This kinda shows the snow outside, but not very well. It snowing REALLY, REALLY hard out there, and I'm betting that we're gonna be snowed in at least part-way in the morning. :)
You can see how high the snow is, and it's still going strong out there. A couple of girls I guess decided to try out the slide down the hill...you can see the difference between the snow level up top, and where they packed it down a little above ground level.
I got a really good picture from just barely inside my apt. door here of the snow outside...the only reason it looks clear is because I wasn't out there in it--hey, I'm not crazy!
This is a picture of the snow starting to pile up in front of my door...you can sort of see the dark green of the door on the far left. I actually stepped through this when I came home from swim team, but it had already snowed so much when I took the pictures, that you can't see my steps anymore.
Here's a better picture of the doorway--and the snow all around it. :)
This is what it looks like from the inside of my dorm...if you look closely, you can see my reflection in the window! :) This was taken from inside the kitchen, at the window looking out. And you wouldn't believe it, but I saw some girl running up those stairs you see to go do her laundry! I would NOT choose tonight to go anywhere, not even if it was just across the way! Just stepping out of my apt. door is bad enough!!!
More pictures...I thought it looked really pretty with all the apartments lit up from the inside while the storm howled outside. Really, if there was such thing as a snow tornado, this would be it!

Oh, and here's a really short video that I took on my camera. I'm not sure if it will work or not, but I tried. I didn't stay outside for too long, and I really never stepped outside the protection of the doorway, so that I didn't freeze to death, or get buried in snow, so I don't know how much of the snow you'll see whipping around like little snow darts! I hope you enjoyed Idaho's crazy weather post!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Love these pictures girl!! The bottom video was very short on my computer, but I love it anyway. You get a medal for surviving the coldest weather of any of the Whitley family members! Hope you survive the "Icy Blast". Maybe you should send some of these pictures to the Texas news stations so they will realize the "Icy Blasts" we get here are just a drop in the bucket! :)

Amanda said...

WOW! That is all I can think to say! I am really glad we don't have that in Texas...YIKES! I just could not imagine?! I am glad you have your super warm coat and big warm boots:) Make some homemade soup and stay inside---oh wait I guess you still have to go to class....and I bet you don't want to go to the store to get the stuff to make the soup! Scratch that:)

Kristie said...

Thanks for all the pictures. It makes me want to run outside and catch snowflakes on my tougne and slide down a hill on a cookie sheet!!!! :)