Tuesday, August 9, 2011

37 Weeks!



Everything is all systems go! :) Today our little girl is full-term, and getting bigger every day. Up until this point I had not a single stretch mark...last night I did notice a couple lower on my stomach however, and told Austin. Then, I woke up this morning, and there were a ton of them! Oh well, at least they aren't that big. :) I just am excited to meet this little girl once she finally gets here!

My appointment went well, and I found out that I was coming right along and making progress, and that so was our baby! I guess we will just have to wait to find out when her birthday will be...I'm hoping she comes on Aaron's birthday (August 19)...that would be perfect, I think! :)

Sunday night I had a lot of contractions again-real ones! This time they didn't really let up, but must have continued off and on throughout the night, because when I woke up Monday my stomach felt like it was in a vice-grip. Needless to say, I haven't been feeling perfectly marvelous, but I am at least very glad that the contractions are working and doing their job. :)

I was measuring about a week and a half ahead of schedule today as well, and continue to gain weight...I don't know how, but I think it must all be going to the baby! So far I have gained 33 pounds-hopefully now that I'm almost done everything will start to level off. :) I'll update with a picture at the top of this post tonight again, once Austin gets home. I'm feeling mighty big these days! :) Here's hoping our little girl makes an appearance sooner rather than later! :)

(P.S.--Austin wanted me to post this last picture, so here it is...me and baby Palmer looking big!)

9 comments:

Austin said...

It's show time! Let us see some fireworks!

Debi said...

:) It's getting close!! I'm anxious to see the new picture. You must have gotten bigger since Friday night!

Amanda said...

I bet you will go sooner than your due date....that's just my guess....But what do I know?! I can't wait for the call that you had this little girl and we will finally know her name! You know I am dying to know the name....I always want a name to call the babies in the Utero;) Is that even a word? I didn't spell it right if it is...

Melissa said...

:) I hope you're right, Amanda! :) And as far as I know, utero is really a word, and I think you spelled right, too. :) The sooner, the better in this heat! :)

Debi said...

In utero means in the uterus. :)

Love the pictures! I still say you can tell better about the size in the dress you were wearing the other day.

I know you are ready for Duckie to be born. :)

Kristie said...

So cute!! And it was fun to talk to you today!! I know you are ready. It won't be too much longer now. :)

Amanda said...

Well i have heard and said in utero many times but spell check told me it wasn't a word so i questioned myself:
love ur pictures! U look great!

Debi said...

Hey Momma-to-Be....do we get another update today?

Amanda said...

Yeah..I was checking too:)