Tuesday, August 30, 2011

40 Weeks...(AKA. Baby, It's Time To Come Out Now!)

So, I'm 40 weeks today...and no baby yet. Fortunately I'm feeling quite optimistic today so far, but since my emotions have been riding a roller-coaster this week, I'm just hoping the optimism holds for a little while. :) Or, you know, that labor starts and our little girl arrives! :)

At my appointment today I was measuring right at 40 weeks, and fortunately I hadn't gained any more weight. I thought I had stopped gaining weight at my 38 week appointment (I lost a pound)...but then at my 39 week appointment I had shot up FOUR pounds! I must say, for reminding myself to eat every day, that is quite the significant increase! At least for now everything is hovering around the 152 pound-mark. That makes 36 pounds that I have gained total since I became pregnant. Now it's time to have the baby and lose it all! :)

The baby is no longer in a posterior position, fortunately for me. :) However, since she spends her days flipping back and forth from sunny-side-up to face-down, I just hope she stays this way permanently until she is born. Austin and I like to joke that she thinks she is a little flapjack pancake, making sure both sides are fully ready before she decides she is ready to be born! :) She is at least lining up as she should, so all we need is for some contractions to start up now. :)

I'll post the picture tonight when Austin gets home. Hopefully this will be the last post before our little girl arrives! You never know when a baby will be born...maybe she will even decide to show up later tonight! :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Sooo glad all is looking good and she is lining up right! i am glad ur feeling in better spirits;) she will come soon;) she doesn't have a choice at this point!

Austin said...

Pancake!

Debi said...

Pancake Brianne Palmer
Sounds like a superior name for the child of the girl that said she would never marry a man who didn't like pancakes. :)

Debi said...

PBP -- Better hurry up and be born! Grandma wants to meet you. :)

Kristie said...

It is going to be soon! I just know it!! Hopefully little pancake will stay face down!! Love ya sister sure!

Shelly's Space said...

From Duckie to Pancake....that's a stretch....hee hee! Well, my thought is that "Duckie" is practicing those flips for when she's a famous swimmer in the Olympics:)
We're pulling for you Melissa
....and Austin!
Can't wait to hear:)