Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First Test of the Semester!

So today I took my first test of the semester! I was really nervous, to say the least, but since my first test was about something I knew (music) I wasn't TOO freaked out. I went to the Testing Center this afternoon around 4:30 pm. It wasn't even to bad of weather outside, since it was late in the day--it was only about 55 degrees outside. :) Much better than 32 degrees! I double checked all my answers (which usually isn't something I do on a regular basis) and then prepared to turn it in. Here they scan your bubble sheet as soon as you give it to them, and then you turn the corner and get to see your scores on the test you just took. I really liked being able to see my score right away, rather than wait for a week to find out. Anyways, so I go outside to find my score, an guess what??? I got a 100! I aced it! :) Not only that, but since I took it on the first day that the test was open, I got an extra 3 points! I am soooo excited! Now, if all my other classes will go so well, I'll be SET for the rest of the semester...but not everything is perfect. Oh, and I made the "Spartans" group for the Swim Team here, and we already have a meet lined up! It's on Friday (tomorrow), with the warmups starting at 5 pm. Whew! I'm gonna be so glad for the weekend to get here, so that I can FINALLY relax. Or not. Apparently while I was gone to a swing dancing class tonight, the bishop called my apartment and asked to talk to me to set up an interview. So I guess that I'll be getting a calling here sometime soon! I'll let you guys know what it is!

5 comments:

ProudDaddy said...

Well, Congrats on doing so well on your test. Keep up the good work. I can see that you are following in your mom's footsteps with getting perfect scores. I was wondering if you had gotten on the swim team. I am very proud of you. Way to go Missy.

Amanda said...

Melissa....I must say I am PROUD!! That is AWESOME:) A 103 on your first college test??!!! Must feel pretty good:) You sound super busy already with swing dancing, fencing, and tests! Glad you are having so much fun and that you got to have such a great test score to start off with:)

Debi said...

I'm glad you were careful and did well on the first test! I especially like that you checked back over your answers. That is a
GOOD habit to get into. I'm anxious to hear about your swing dancing last night and how your swim practice goes today.....

Kristie said...

Yeah Melissa!! Congratulations!!!! I am so proud of you for doing well on your test!! I was very impressed when Momma told me last night. I hope that your practice goes well tonight. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!!! I am glad for that! I love you!!! Talk to you soon!

Shelly's Space said...

Good job Melissa!! You are really keeping busy and sounds like you're having alot of good experiences. I was wondering about the swim team too. Glad to hear you'll be swimming again.
I'm excited to hear about what calling you get:)