Thursday, September 27, 2007

Swing Dancing Experiences, and my day as a whole...

I thought that the swing dancing would be soo much fun...but actually, when I went there it wasn't what I thought it would be. It's an entirely DIFFERENT style of swing dancing, and much, MUCH harder.Plus, I've been spoiled having Brother and Sister Seal as my "dance instructors." The couple that taught the class weren't as good at demonstrating or explaining, and we only learned a few moves to do when dancing. However, at the same time across the hall is hosted a country dancing class, so I might try that out instead next week instead. (Oh, and the version of swing we did was called the "Lindy Hop," if that means anything to anyone...) Swim practice is today, so I got to go finish some homework before I go workout. That, and the fencing class and bishop's interview tonight. Wish me luck! I think today is going to be VERY hectic...

And did I mention that in my Child Development class we had to watch some videos of live birth?? There was a guy sitting right behind me too, but luckily he is going into nursing, so he wasn't quite as squeamish as I was (I think...) but it was still kinda weird...I didn't really watch most of it, cause I couldn't really look at it. But anyways, that was pretty much my day today. BESIDES the fact that it was only 30 degrees outside when I left for school this morning. What I wouldn't give for some of that nice, WARM Texas weather! :)

5 comments:

Debi said...

I can just imagine you sitting there watching the video of the live birth with the boy right behind you! I KNOW you and I know you weren't comfortable with that! Well, at least you've had all kinds of exposure to the whole birthing experience with Heather and Amanda over the past few years. Switching gears here....I think you should learn their Lindy Hop type of swing dancing so that you will be able to dance with the guys that only know how to do that kind. It won't hurt to know more than one style of swing dance....it will only open your horizons to more people. I can't wait to hear about swim practice....Hope you are having a good day.

Kristie said...

Sounds like a very busy day!!! I think that the new kind of swing dancing sounds kida fun. It is always fun to learn a new way to dance I think!!! :) I hope that your fencing and swim practice go well this afternoon!! I love you! Cheer up about the weather....it will be A LOT colder very soon and you will be wishing for this "warm" weather that you are having now!!!!!

Amanda said...

ENJOY that weather for me:) I would love that with a cup of hot cocoa! So enjoy it before your door freezes like Jenny's and you have to hike through the snow:) You should post a picture sometime of you all bundled up to go to classes:) I am so excited that I get to live through you going to BYU-I! It sounds so exciting...with all those boys and cold weather! LOL! Hope swim practice goes well! Thanks for keeping us updated!!!!! Love ya:)

Shelly's Space said...

I'm still waiting to hear about all those boys (like Amanda said)....have I missed something??
STAY WARM:)

Melissa said...

No, you haven't really missed anything. No boys to speak of yet. However, there is a boy who keeps flirting with me in my Bio class (but its at 7:45 am.--it's too early to flirt at that time of the morning...), so not much there. Mostly my social life right now is...oh, say about--zip. But that's ok, cause I got a 103 on my first test! :) (Although I wouldn't protest a LITTLE social life...) lol