Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here's Some More!

Okay, so here is a story for you guys. In the dorms here, if you don't follow the "boy rules" then you get "Q'd", which basically means you get quarantined. Your quarantine sentence therefore is that you don't get to have any boys in your apartment, no exceptions, for a full week. Plus, you get the privelege of having this lovely sign posted on your front door for all the girls and guys to see. oh, and the rules are that you have to have at least two lights on at all times, you have to have all four feet on the floor at all times, you have to have all curtains and blinds open at all times, and you have to have at least three conscious people in your apartment at a time. this is a picture of a "Q'd" sign on the apartment right next to us. So far we have 6 apartments that have been Q'd so far this year. (in the first week of school!)Here is a picture of the dorm apartments. I'm on the bottom floor, but this is what we look out of our window across to. The doors with white papers on them are the ones that have been Q'd.

This is our apartment. You can see Sydney standing at our door. ours is the only apartment with a doormat, so it's always very easy to tell which apartment is ours (which is nice when you're coming home from school and you have a long line of identical doors to pass...).
Here's our door in it's usual position--open. It's sooo hot in our dorm apartment, so when we're home we always leave our windows and door open to stay cool.
And this, last but not least, is teh pretty view of our inner courtyard from our front door. Nice, isn't it? I sure enjoy it. It's so peaceful, even though it's been raining today off and on. But even though it's so nice, I do still miss home. There's no place like home, after all...
If you'll stay tuned, I will do one more post today for you guys. I hope you enjoyed all the new pictures!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Thanks for showing the Q's!!! I was curious how they looked!! It looks so nice and green there (unlike here where everything is a nice shade of dead because of the lack of rain!!) I like the courtyard. Looks like a good place to sit and study in the spring time when it is nice!!! Thanks for posting some more!

Debi said...

I just can't believe all of those apartments have already had trouble and it's only the first week of school! Well, it may be that there is only one girl in each apartment that has had trouble. Let's just hope so. Maybe they can put them all together in one room....I'm very glad that all of the girls you are rooming with are so nice. Maybe some of those girls who have been "Q'd" are just a little wild because this is the first chance they have ever had to be on their own and they will settle down now that they see there are consequences to their actions..... I love the pretty green grass and the whole courtyard where you are living. I miss you..... :) (But I'm having a great time here with Kristie....)

Amanda said...

That grass is so GREEN! Is that the kind of grass that stays green all winter...I can't remember the name of it??!! So your apartment hasn't cooled down even though it's chilly there? And when I made the courtyard picture bigger I saw a kids trike out there. Do people with kids live in your same dorms? I had never heard of this Q'd thing! How did they all get caught? Do people tell on them or does someone walk around checking all the time...I imagine if someone knocked on your door to check on you the only rule that you couldn't fix really quick would be having enough people there! Sorry I have so many questions!

Jenny Jensen said...

I know exactly what you mean about all the doors looking alike!! When I lived in the dorms my second year we had a huge rock right next to the door so we knew which one!! I love the pictures! I only had an apartment Q'd one time!!! It's really boring when boys can't come over...make sure you try really hard to keep the boys out when they can't come in. And don't be afraid to tell the boys to leave if one of your roomies has them over when they aren't supposed to be, you have a right to honor the honor code...but i know that you won't have a problem :) love you...see you soon!

Shelly's Space said...

Jenny never told me about what Q'd was....or at least I don't remember....It's good to know. The apartments are always hot....even in winter, because of the type of heating it is. When I stayed with Jenny and it was snowing outside, we had to crack the windows because the apt. was so hot. At least you'll never be cold inside:)