Friday, September 21, 2007

The Post You've All Been Waiting For

Okay, so maybe you haven't all been sitting around the computer waiting for this, but for once I am actually BLOGGING. I figured that you should get to see the apartment that I will be talking about for the next three months. I hope that you enjoy my little "virtual tour" of what I am living in. So here it is:Kay, so let's start out with the kitchen. Now this is relatively clean still, cause we had a "cleaning check" of our apartment not too long ago. However, we aren't super clean either (unless we're being checked up on) so it's not as clean as it was for the RA yesterday. Oh, well. But anyways, this is our sink, and over to the left you can see the dishwasher, and barely to the left of that (you can't really see it in this picture) is the oven. At the edge of the picture on the right is the fridge which is presently crammed full of all our food. :)
I thought that I would add some more pics of my roomies, so here is Darci. I got her to smile! I'm so glad that I have such great roomies!
And here is Sydney (my personal roomie) and Mandi, Darci's roommate. I got really lucky with the girls that I'm living with!
This is my current bed situation. Sorry, I know the bed isn't made, but I wanted to get the picture out there so you could see it. The teeny tiny board on the side is supposed to be the optional "railing" to keep you from falling out of the bed, but if I were to fall out, I don't think that would do anything to prevent anything. Oh, and I hope that you like my choice of wall artwork! :) Ansley and Hailey's pictures are right where I can look at them every day and night, and then I have the pictures that Momma got me at the bookstore--the pictures of Christ that I really like, and also a picture of President Gordon B. Hinckley.
Here is our not-so-clean-anymore shower/bathtub. I LOVE our shower (now that I've figured out how to use it...) and our bathroom is sooo cute!
Here is me taking a picture of the mirrored cabinets (and I figured I might as well get a picture of me too, while I was at it, so you guys could see I'm not dead yet!), and you can also see more of the shower directly behind me. The alcove to the left is where the toilet's at.
Here is our gorgeously messy living room. Sydney and Mandi like to study out here when they get home from school, and Darci and I study in our rooms. These are our two lovely couches, and the carpet that is soooooo hard to vacuum--trust me, it takes HOURS!
Here is a different view of our living room/dining room/kitchen. I'm by the couches that you were looking at in the picture right before this, and now you can see the front door, and the kitchen table that we eat at. Behind the table is the air conditioning unit/heating unit that we have not turned on once (well, we tried to turn on the AC, but it will only go down to 87 in the apartment...) and the windows that look out into our inner courtyard.
Here is the front door again, and I'm standing by the kitchen table. Here's our fridge, microwave, oven, and dishwasher. You can't see it here, but the kitchen sink is blocked in this picture by the refrigerator.
Kay, now I'm standing by the front door, and looking down our long hallway with a mirror at the end. Off to the left is ourbathroom, and then my and Sydney's bedroom is the one just past that on the left. Then, across from my bedroom is Darci and Mandi's bedroom. The two doors on the right closest to the front of the hallways are the two closets--one for our coats, the other for our ironing board, vacuum, mop, etc.
Here is our coat closet. It fortunately hasn't gotten cold enough yet to need our heavy jackets, but I think our luck won't last that much longer. It's raining today, and I think a cold front is about to come through.
And here is our cleaning closet. Unfortunately, I intensely dislike our vacuum, because IT DOESN'T PICK UP ANYTHING!!!! Oh well, I guess it won't kill me to spend more time cleaning up our apartment.
Here's another shot of the bathroom. This is what it looks like from the entrance to the bathroom. You can sorta see our cabinets off to the left before the double sink. There's our towel rack straight ahead, and then where the shower mat is is where our shower's at.Behind the door is the alcove for the toilet, as you can see below. It's so cute, it's even got a seperate shower curtain all to itself!

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have ended on a picture of the toilet, so don't worry, more posts are coming. I have to update you on my life up to this point. Sorry this post took so long to do Momma and Kristie. If you're still checking this, now you finally have had something to read! I love all you guys, and I miss you! (And I miss that great Texas heat too!) :)

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Yea!!!! I am so glad that you posted something!!! I love seeing your apartment and your roommates. I can't wait to see the other posts!!! I love and miss you! I wish that I could send some of our heat your way! Don't freeze yet!!!!

Debi said...

The dorm apartment looks just like I remember it....with a cozy little touch of real people living inside! I guess you should just think "Texas" when you walk into your hot apartment....and when it is cold outside, you can just close your eyes and pretend you are sitting in the church pews back home (remember how icy cold we always get during sacrament meeting?) It was fun hearing about your day today. We are going to have pizza for dinner tonight. What are YOU having? Don't forget you can always go get something to eat on campus.....

Amanda said...

Thanks Melissa! I was checking your blog EVERYDAY for a post! I love how you explained everything so well and gave so much detail!!!! Let's hope your heater works better than your a/c unit does!!!!!! Tell us about how you guys do your meals? And I just read that you can eat on campus too????

Amanda said...

I forgot to mention that you look SKINNY as a rail in that picture of you in the mirror!

Jenny Jensen said...

i'm so excited that you posted!! I've looked a couple of times a day! By the way, you will NEVER have enough room in the fridge. At least we never did. I like your apartment better than the ones I lived in. i cant wait to come visit!

Shelly's Space said...

Fun pictures....I loved hearing about everything. I hadn't checked for awhile and now there are lots of blogs!!! Hooray!!!