Thursday, September 27, 2007

Who Loves Music?? I DO!!!

If you couldn't tell, tonight I had a interview with my bishop tonight and received a calling. But what calling, you might say?? Well, I HAVE always wondered what it would be like to be part of the sacrament meeting music without getting the advantage of hiding behind the piano in front of all those people. You guessed it! I have officially been called as one of the two ward choristers!! Leah, if you're reading this, now I can say I am going to do what you have done all through Young Womens. Aagghh!!!! I can't believe this! It will be fun, though. Definitely a new experience. Also, I told Brother Johnson (one of the members of the bishopric--the one that interviewed me) that if the ward pianists ever got sick, and there was no one to play the piano that I could do it, since I've done that kind of thing for our ward for so long. So who knows?? I think it will be fun! I'm actually not conducting THIS Sunday, or the one after that (since it will be General Conference), but I will be conducting the Sunday the week after next week (if that makes sense).

On a different note, I went to swim practice for the first time today. Boy, am I EXHAUSTED! I just want to go to bed RIGHT NOW, but I can't since I'm blogging. Our first swim meet is Friday (tomorrow). I'll be swimming the 200 IM and the 100 Breast (big surprise). I think Sydney and Mandi will come, and maybe Darci if she's not already going to her kickboxing class. I got my swim suit right after practice today, and had to stand in line FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!!!!!! And it wasn't even that long of a line! It was just that the only guy who was working at the equipment room tonight was new and didn't really know what he was doing. So I stood in line watching a bunch of girls getting their soccer, baseball, and volleyball stuff while guys stood in line for volleyball and baseball as well. Plus the swimmers who were getting their suits since the meet is tomorrow. :\ Oh well, I did get my suit, and it is a good thing that I got a size smaller, because the competitition suits run large, and I think that this suit will barely fit me (it's almost too large).
So, I think that that is it for the day. I hope that you guys are enjoying my day-to-day on campus living stories. Well, hasta luego! Or, in other, English words, I'll see ya later. Love ya!

6 comments:

ProudDaddy said...

Well good luck in your swim meet today. make sure you blog later after your meet to let us know how you did. I think that you will be a great chorister. Make sure you sing good and loud just because I think you sing very good and everyone needs the confidence that a great voice lends to a song.

Amanda said...

I am enjoying hearing about your daily life:) I think you will be awesome at your new calling! Just remember to look up and smile:) Good luck at your swim meet!

Kristie said...

What a fun calling!! I was the chorister for a long while when we were in FL and I loved it!! It was a lot of fun to sit up on the stand and look out at everyone. Plus, then everyone will know who you are!! :) (Maybe those boys in your ward will think you look cute up there and ask you on a date!!!) I hope that your meet goes well today! Make sure you post how you did so that we can know how it went!!! I love you!!!

Debi said...

I am so EXCITED that you got a music calling!!! Not piano, but well....all that music training is good for SOMETHING! You will definitely have high visibility in your ward now.... How many people are on your swim team? Who will you swim against...just one or two of the other teams at BYUI or teams from another school? What all did you do for your workout to make you so tired? Or are you so tired because you haven't worked out in so long?

Melissa said...

The swim team is divided into four groups, and at our meets we will be competing against one of those other teams. Since we're not an actually "official" college swim team, we can only compete against each other. We did lots of sprints (50's and 100's), which is NOT fun when you're just getting back into shape. It wasn't too bad, probably something like what I would have done during off-season at school, but brutal (the first 2 weeks back at swimming after a while usually are), but there are some cute guys on the swim team, so it wasn't too bad. :) And on the ward chorister note, I was thinking the SAME THING, Kristie! Hopefully some boys will notice me now, and ask me out. It's almost October, and I still haven't been asked out yet! :( Oh well, maybe this will be a good chance for me.

Jenny Jensen said...

That is a GREAT calling melissa! I was the ward music chairman (which means i picked the songs for sacrament every sunday) and also got to conduct the music almost every week because our ward chorister was ALWAYS out of town. That is how Logan noticed me: when i was up there conducting the music. Then it turned out winter semester we were in the same FHE group. so watch out! Leading the music at church means that guys will notice you AND know your name!